Effective immediately, March 18, 2020, we at Herwig DDS will be following Centers for Disease Prevention and Control (CDC) and, more specifically, American Dental Association (ADA), guidelines to limit patient, family member and staff exposure to the novel coronavirus, COVID-19. Our actions include:
Postponing All Elective Procedures
- With the current Stay at Home order in place, we will postpone all elective procedures, until Monday, April 27, 2020, if CDC and ADA guidelines enable Herwig DDS to resume normal operations. We are in the process of contacting all our patients with current elective procedure appointments to reschedule.
Care For Dental Emergencies
- We will continue to care for our emergency patients.
- If you are experiencing a dental emergency, please call 913.492.8884 and select 2 to leave a message for Dr. Herwig.We will assess the severity of your emergency and also follow CDC guidelines to prevent transmission of suspected respiratory illness in our dental healthcare offices.Together we will make the decision on how to proceed and if we are to immediately address your dental emergency, we will coordinate for a time to meet at our office.
Herwig DDS Infection Control Procedures
We have escalated our normal protocols for hygiene safety:
- Cleaning and disinfecting all lobby and exam room surfaces such as the patient service counter, dental chair, dental light, drawer handles and countertops, have been cleaned and disinfected.
- Replacing any protective covers after each patient.
- Cleaning and sterilizing non-disposable items such as dental tools after each patient.
- Using the appropriate protective equipment – dental staff involved in patient care always use the appropriate protective equipment such as gloves, masks, gowns and eyewear when needed. After each patient, disposable gloves and masks are thrown away. Before seeing the next patient, everyone on the treatment team washes their hands and put on a new pair of gloves.
The health and safety of our patients and staff is always at the forefront at Herwig DDS. These are extraordinary times and we appreciate your cooperation as we do our part in helping minimize exposure to this virus.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 913.492.8884.