Herwig DDS offices in Lenexa and Paola are open.
While many things have changed in our daily lives due to COVID-19, at Herwig DDS one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Our Infection control procedures have always been a top priority. Our offices follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and we stay current on any new guidance issued.
You will see some changes during your next appointment. We have made these changes to help further protect the health and safety of our patients and staff:
- Our office will call you before your next appointment to ask you pre-screening questions.
- We ask that you arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- When you arrive at our office for your appointment, please call us, (913) 492-8884, from your car before you come in so we can ask you those same pre-screening questions again, as a precaution.
- Once you are in our office:
- You will be asked to wear a face mask (one will be provided for you, if needed).
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer.
- We will take your temperature and as long as it is under 100.4 degrees, you will proceed to the dental chair.
- Our waiting room will be set up to allow for social distancing guidelines. We will no longer offer magazines and children’s toys, as those items are too difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be scheduled to allow for social distancing between patients. That may mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- For adult visits, we ask that you arrive alone. For your child’s visit, we ask that only one adult accompany them. Please note, temperatures will be taken on all individuals that are present for dental care.
All of us at Herwig DDS are excited to see you again! We are happy to answer any questions you have regarding our new office protocols as we take these steps to keep all our patients safe and well during their dental visit.